The best golf sunglasses have a variety of benefits. With the right lens tint they can help you read greens better, detect contours, or even help make it easier for you to see your ball in the air and on the ground. In the rough again? Even better!
Also, news alert: sunglasses protect you from...the sun!! That’s right -- another major benefit to wearing proper eyewear while golfing has to do with eye fatigue. A smart player (like you!) will do whatever they can to help protect their peepers from the sun’s harmful UV rays. For the record, UV rays are the ADHD rays of the family (no offense, Cameron, it was just the easiest way to describe it to non-science people --- that’s one of our employee’s nephews who has ADHD, and we know it’s not a laughing matter). They bounce around in every which way. Especially near water, sand, and even on grass, which, if you didn’t know, are all things on a golf course. They blast through clouds with the same ease you blasted through the OB marker when you shanked it on hole 6. Glare acts in the same way. This means that even when it’s overcast, great golfing sunglasses with proper UV protection and polarized lenses are a major asset for your eyes, and your game.
We could nerd out on the lens tech here for a hundred paragraphs, but this is what you need to know in a nutshell:
1. goodr golf sunglasses have a polarized layer and a UV400 layer within the lens.
2. The polarized lenses works to filter the intensified horizontal light that bounces off of flat surfaces and redirect it to the vertical plane.
3. Lens technology: The UV400 layer blocks 99%-100% of both UVA and UVB light, yes, actual electromagnetic radiation that busts through the ozone layer.
4. It takes a lot of work for your pupils to continually adjust to these changing light conditions. They’re constantly contracting and dilating. This results in migraines and headaches. You can help your peepers save some energy simply by wearing proper (ahem… GOODR) sunglasses while you recreate outdoors.
5. STAY TUNED to learn about Flamingo Eye™ Technology. It will blow your mind! ...Keep reading...
So. Why look to goodr when you're searching for the best glasses for golf, besides the fact that we know how to write an informational article that actually makes you laugh? We have three basic reasons, all of which relate back to goodr’s four Fs: Fun. Fashionable. Functional. Fffordable. We kicked the “A” out of “affordable.” Four Fs is better than three Fs and an A, wouldn’t ya say? Rolls off the tongue better, or-- in our Flamingo CEO Carl’s case-- the beak.
Henceforth, in this article, we’re gonna capitalize our four Fs so you don’t forget (there will be a quiz).